Re: Howdy! Just a note to say I'm here

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 09:33:39AM -0500, Tony Maro wrote:
> I have, but they seem to only discuss how to make packages from
> sources.  Unfortunately my software is written in such a manner that you
> cannot really build it using a makefile because of the development
> environment I use (Lazarus, a GPL replacement for Delphi).
>
> Is there a HOWTO that describes how to make a binary-only package
> without worrying about sources?  Perhaps I just missed it.

You can't do that for packages in the Debian archive, which (apart from
non-free) must build non-interactively from source.

If it's just for private use, then there's no HOWTO for it because it's
easier than the normal case. :) Just have a "source" package full of
binaries and make debian/rules copy those into the temporary build
directory.

Cheers,