Build-failures

Hello all,

I am working on packaging up my first program, and I got it to build
cleanly on i386 (the only arch I have access to personally) but I am
getting build failures on several of the buildd's.

Sample extract:

Building Dependency Tree...
Package libc6 has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
However the following packages replace it:
  libdb2 libdb1-compat
E: Package libc6 has no installation candidate
apt-get failed.

This is on alpha and ia64.  I vaguely remember seeing some problem with
using libc6 as a Build-Depend (something like libc6 | libc ?) - I just
can't remember, and as I have no access to one of these boxes, I would
appreciate a smack with a cluebat, please.

TIA,
Steve
--
Fly me away to the bright side of the moon ...