Re: Deleting a MySQL database in postrm

Ari Pollak wrote:
In any case, I don't think it wise to add/remove databases on installation/removal, that should probably be left up to the user to do - I don't think any package, including TWIG, which needs MySQL to run, installs a database automatically.

I believe that IMP does some questions with debconf to ask the user information about their database to setup the necessary databases. I would advise either to implement it now or never at all, or at least allways provide the option of doing it manually and making that the default option. (So unattended installs work.)

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/