binary-all packaging

Hello,

I'm on my first package. The upstream people provide just a perl script which should go to /usr/bin. I'm reading the instructions of the maintainer's guide (/usr/share/doc/maint-guide/) and all the steps and examples are desgned for creatinga binary package from a source tarball.

I've tried to configure this file myself, but when i issue the command 'dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot' i always get the same error:

dpkg-genchanges: failure: cannot read files list file: No such file or directory

What am i doing wrong? I guess i have a problem in my rules file. just in case i post it here too:

--------------------------------------./debian/rules
#!/usr/bin/make -f
# Sample debian/rules that uses debhelper.
# GNU copyright 1997 to 1999 by Joey Hess.

# Uncomment this to turn on verbose mode.
#export DH_VERBOSE=1

# This is the debhelper compatability version to use.
export DH_COMPAT=1

build:

clean:

install:
	dh_testdir
	dh_testroot

	# Add here commands to install the package into debian/tmp.
	mkdir -p `pwd`/debian/tmp/usr/bin
	/bin/cp `pwd`/esms `pwd`/debian/tmp/usr/bin/

# Build architecture-independent files here.
binary-indep: build install
# We have nothing to do by default.

# Build architecture-dependent files here.
binary-arch: build install

binary: binary-indep binary-arch
.PHONY: build clean binary-indep binary-arch binary install

thanks--
Robert Millan                Debian GNU user
zeratul2 wanadoo es    http://getyouriso.org/