Unidentified subject!

I hate the whole concept of prison, I must say that mine was the most
intelligent and humane prison, probably that existed in America. And
the warden, a man by the name of Thieman, was a very
decent man, a very decent man. And so, I hate to say that I enjoyed
the experience, but I'd always had a feeling that a writer
should be in prison for some time at least, just so you write about,
so you could write about what it means to be in prison. I think a
writer should see a little bit of prison and a little bit of war.
Neither of these things can be properly invented. So that was my prison.