Re: PGP and verifying ids / emails (fwd)

Josip,

	1.  The developer in question _does_ know my real name.

	2.  If you are talking about someone who hasnt met me in real
life, even assuming that I use my "Bob Smith" id, how in heavens name will
they know that it is my real name? They have to trust the fact that there
was a trusted someone who verified that a "real" me owns the id in
question. This would be true even for the Jor-el id.

	3.  As I pointed out in my email, if the developer in question
wasnt sure that the email id of Jor-el belonged to me, then he wouldnt be
able to sign the following id too : "Bob Smith" <jorel@ibm.net>. This is
so ridiculous, becuase it is perfectly valid for a person named Bob Smith
to own an id called jorel@ibm.net .

	Am I missing something?

Regards,
Jor-el

PS. Not Star Wars but Superman. Jor-el was the father of Kal-el (aka
Superman).

Our little systems have their day;
They have their day and cease to be;
They are but broken lights of thee.