Non-Maintainer Upload Qs

Ok, ive never made an NMU before...but am tempted to with a package
at the least I would like to know if there is any policy (written or
unwritten) on it?

The package in question is a bit out of date and I need features in
the latest version for my own system, so I needed to upgrade to
the latest version...and decided to do it with the packaging system...

is this an imporper reason to do an NMU?

-Steve
E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"