Re: TCPQuota: postinst, postrm and Depends

On 10 Aug 1998, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

> I'm rewriting TCPQuota to use the libdbi-perl package instead of the libmsql
> one... That means that I could use mySQL or mSQL, everyting up to the
> user...
>
> I have the line 'Depends: libdbi-perl, msql | mysql' in my control file,
> but I'm currently using the 'msql' binary to create and check the database.
>
> How do I know if mysql OR msql is installed from the postinst and postrm
> script?

I would suggest you depend on 'libdbd-mysql-perl | libdbd-msql-perl'.

There is a DBI function to list all available data sources - I suggest you
usde this, and then ask the user where they would like the data stored
(given that both dbs might be installed)

Jules