Re: Making package.

Bas Zoetekouw (2001-05-21 08:48:38 +0200) :

> Hi Tommy!
>
> You wrote:
>
> > Hi guys. I'm trying to put together a package that contains a single
> > binary program and have followed all the steps in the New Maintainor's
> > guide and have managed to form the binary package. For some reason when I
> > do:
> > dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot it compiles fine and asks me for my gpg
> > password which works fine, but for some reason it says that source package
> > will not be included.
>
> You probably don't have a ../package_version.orig.tar.gz file.

  Or your latest debian/changelog entry has a Debian revision number
different from 0 and 1.  dpkg-buildpackage only adds the source to the
package for the first upload of an upstream release, and subsequent
ones only need the .diff.gz.

  Um...  Not sure I understood your question precisely, but just in
case...

Roland.
--
Roland Mas