Re: How to locally sign a package that has been built on another machine?

On Mon, 7 May 2001 21:49:12 +0200, Filip Van Raemdonck
<mechanix@debian.org> wrote:
>The tools available for automatic changes signing seem to do this for you.

Yes, they do. Judging from the debsign source, this is a gpg issue.

However, debsign fails for me because gpg returns some strange error
codes:

|haber@paola[23/523]:~/tmp$ ( cat run_0.9.2-6.dsc ; echo "" ) | gpg
|--local-user "Marc Haber <mh+debian-packages@zugschlus.de>"
|--clearsign --armor --textmode --output - - > run_0.9.2-6.dsc.asc
|gpg: /usr/lib/gnupg/rsa: error loading extension: /usr/lib/gnupg/rsa:
|cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
|
|You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
|user: "Marc Haber <mh+debian-packages@zugschlus.de>"
|1024-bit DSA key, ID 6BBA3C84, created 2000-02-15
|
|<passphrase is overwritten after pressing enter>
|haber@paola[24/524]:~/tmp$ echo $?
|2

Is the return code 2 the result of rsa missing?

Do I need to install non-free software if I want to sign packages on
potato? Since there is no /usr/lib/gnupg/rsa in unstable, would
backporting the unstable gnupg to potato solve this?

Or is something else going wrong?

Greetings
Marc