Re: buildd building environment

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> I know a little about buildd, but I guess that it try to build a package
> and it if fail someone take its logs and submit a bug report.
> At the end of the build process I guess that the build environment is
> totally cleaned and that survive only a build log.

Most buildds are set to purge on success so you can go in and
poke around after a failure.

> Is it possible to have access to a snapshot of the build environment ?
>
> I asked this cause I receive a bug report, but I need to better know the
> situation in which the failure occured to find and solve the bug.

It was my bug report and I've tarred up the failed build and sent
a msg to Stefano.

If anyone is interested, the wanna-build CVS is at
http://m68k.debian.org.  sbuild is the real workhorse.  It's not
trivial to set up; in fact, you really need a reference system to
get it working properly in a reasonable amount of time.

But at its core it's just a chroot with the essential and
build-essential packages installed, doing builds with
dpkg-buildpackage -rsudo -B -uc -us

Rick