Re: debian revision numbers for gnome-utils

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Jochen Voss wrote:

> last week I prepared a new package for the gnome-utils package
> and asked for a sponsor.  As nobody volunteered this one was
> not uploaded to the server.
>
> Now I did some additional fixes (add a man page, ...) and
> want to prepare a new package.  Should I increase the
> Debian revision number for this (to avoid possible confusion)
> or should I just replace my files with new version (to keep
> the revision numbers of official versions contiguous)?

Since you didn't uploaded the old package to incoming, katie does not
know it exists, so it will not complain if you upload it without
increasing the Debian revision number.

This is a matter of taste, really. Some people think of the changelog
(and related Debian revision numbers) as the complete history of all
the changes made to the package, either public or private. Some other
people think it is ok that the changelog documents only *released*
versions of the package.

In short, it's up to you.