Re: Package checking

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 04:08:05PM +0100, Paolo Molaro wrote:
> On 02/23/01 Sam TH wrote:
> > I'm an illustrious member of the NM queue, and have completed a
> > package that I would be very grateful if people would check for me, to
> > make sure that I haven't missed anything. It produces no errors or
> > warnings with lintian.
> >
> > The package is uf-view, and it's a GNOME based viewer for the User
> > Friendly comic strip.  Packages are available (src and i386) at
> >
> >     deb http://samth.dyndns.org/debian ./
>
> A few quick comments.
> It's missing build-dependencies.

Added.  However, is there a good way to check build-depends, or do you
just have to guess?

> You should also check that it complies with latest policy 3.5.x.

Changed policy version, still no lintian output.

> Also, you should not change previous records in debian/changelog:
> preserve history!

Changed.

> You install the generic installation instructions in /usr/share/doc:
> this is not needed.

Despite specifiying specifcally 3 different files (not including
INSTALL) on the dh_installdocs command line in debian/rules, it still
installs that file.  How can I work around this?

> Nitpick: the long description should be different (more verbose)
> than the short description.

Fixed.

> Hope this helps.

Very much so.  The new package is available at the same address.

	sam th
	sam@uchicago.edu
	http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
	GnuPG Key: