Re: Building packages

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 01:46:00AM -0500, nexus@cotse.com wrote:

> Hello. I have two, simple, questions about building a Debian package using
> dh_make and dpkg-buildpackage.
>
> First question, when I use dh_make how can I get it to insert as revision
> number? I've read the man, the docs, and so on, and can't find this. I mean, if
> I have a package <foo>-3.2 dh_make returns as package version foo-3.2-1 so if I
> want to add a revision number, say foo-3.2-2 how to do this? I tried lots of
> things, but numbering the package foo-3.2-2 before using dh_make makes the
> package get called foo-3.2-2 rather than just foo.

The version number is determined by the changelog, debian/changelog.  Take a
look at the dch(1) command, or if you use emacs, the dpkg-dev-el package.

> Second question, when using dpkg-buildpackage, it creates the diff. But when
> I've changed a few files (such as .c ones) and have some change files in
> different directories in the source tree (say .../foo and /bar) I get some
> diffs but not all the changes, and not the changeas I've made to .c files and
> such things as Makefile.in. What am I doing wrong, or not doing?

I don't understand what you're asking here.  You are making changes in the
source tree, but they aren't reflected in the diff?  That would be very strange
indeed.

--
 - mdz