Re: Correct way to do binary-only NMU?

* "Christian T. Steigies"

| On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 02:30:13PM +0100, Richard Atterer wrote:
| > Hi,
| >
| > how do you invoke dpkg-buildpackage for a binary-only NMU? In section
| > 8.2 "Guidelines for Porter Uploads", the Developer's Reference says:
| >
| >     In a binary NMU, no real changes are being made to the source. You
| >     do not need to touch any of the files in the source package. This
| >     includes debian/changelog.
|
| debian/changelog is not in source of the package. Is that really written in
| the developers reference (too lazy to check that now)?

Of course.  If you change the source, you need to bump the version
number.  That is a _source_ NMU, since we need to able to build the
packages from the source we have around.

A binary NMU should not touch the source.  Remember - a buildd
building and uploading is, technically, doing an NMU.

--

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.