Re: Build-Depends

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 09:16:54PM +0100, Jochen Voss wrote:
> (1) If I want to Build-Depend on packages A, B, C, D, E, and F.  And A
> depends on B, C, D, E, and F.  Should I just mention A, because it
> implies B to F or should I enumerate them all?

That depends on the kind of dependency.  If your package depends
on all of those directly (i.e. it invokes their commands or includes
their headers), then you should list them all.  But if for example
it only needs B because it needs A, and A needs B, then you should
let A take care of its own dependencies.

Richard Braakman