Re: autoconf macros and C++

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 01:49:34AM -0500, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> I hope this helps anyone who has faced the problem themselves.  I have a
> question too, is there anyway to use the unmangled name?  AFAIK, mangling
> isn't portable and unportability kind of defeats the whole purpose of
> using autoconf don't you think?

You could probably use the unmangled name if you convince autoconf
to compile the program fragment as a C++ program.  Adding "-x c++"
to the general CFLAGS might work, though that means you can't have
any normal C files in your package.

The best solution is probably to have an autoconf macro specifically
for testing for C++ functions.

Note that using C++ kind of defeats the whole purpose of using
autoconf :-)  Autoconf is not even very happy about using ANSI C,
because it's not available everywhere.

Richard Braakman