Re: CVS access to upstream

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 10:21:59AM +0100, peter karlsson wrote:

> Chad C. Walstrom:
>
> > The easiest way is to maintain a vendor branch in a local repository.
>
> I would prefer not to make unnecessary copies...

In that case, try creating a branch in the upstream CVS module, rather than a
separate module.  Your changes would not interfere with upstream releases, you
could release as often as you like, and it would be easy to merge in changes
for each upstream release tag.

It would also make it much easier to grab a pre-release fix and add it to the
Debian branch.

--
 - mdz