Re: "Testing" hassles

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, peter karlsson wrote:

> Well, also there is the endian problem. I don't know how 1.4 debs ended
> up on these machines, because I have a check in configure that
> disallows compiles on big-endian machines (since the datastructures are
> defined as little-endian, and I haven't had any energy to make the code
> portable).

Yeah, the endian problem is another story.  Since Alpha only suffers from
a compiler problem relating to a dependency rather than a problem with the
source itself, I'd leave alpha in the arch list.  The big endian problem,
though, is something else entirely and those archs should probably be
taken out of the arch list until the code is made more portable.

In reality, once qt2.2 works again on Alpha, I'm going to go back through
every package that build-depends on it and try building it anyway, so if
you'd like to take alpha out of the list for now as well, I'm sure I'll
let you know if/when we can be put back on that list :-)

> I'm just a bit annoyed at testing reverting to potato, which caught me
> in the middle of an update that wouldn't build. I'd be very happy to
> move all the 1.4 debs into testing, but I guess that that is
> impossible.

Ugh..yeah, that's no fun :-(