Re: "Testing" hassles

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> > So, if you had your package for 26 days, the possibility is that qt2.2
> > hasn't been available on all arches when you had it installed.
> > Have you tried looking at the build logs and its date ?

> Alpha has serious gcc/g++ problems with Qt 2.2, so don't expect an alpha
> upload for quite some time....just fyi :-)

I've found that Qt builds surprisingly well if I use Compaq's cxx compiler.
It might be nice if the qt packages were structured to allow rebuilding with
different compilers, although having Qt Build-Depend on a non-free package is
not a very good solution. :/

Is the g++ bug being looked into by the upstream?

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer