Re: Debian-Med policy proposal: 64-bit & little-endian only* for new packages

On Thu, 2024-03-28 at 14:51 +0100, Michael R. Crusoe wrote:

> Like all policy proposals, this is not meant to be a hard rule for
> all time. We can and should revisit the issue later!

What do you think of the policy being instead of "-med team packages
MUST support all current Debian architectures", "-med team packages
(CAN or SHOULD) try to support all current Debian architectures."

Many packages do work fine, but some make no sense without being able
to access much more than 4G of memory or have picky CPU architecture
dependencies.

I don't think the team should automatically turn off all more obscure
architectures, but it seems very reasonable to be quite willing disable
builds for things that cause problems outside of x86_64/arm64.

Diane