Re: Help Required : Add autopkgtest for atropos

On Mon, Apr 04, 2022 at 04:58:53PM -0000, Mohd Bilal wrote:
> I would like to add autopkgtest for atropos[1] but I'm stuck with some .pyx files that the tests import from.
> I guess the tests require these C extensions to be built before running the test. I've tried building[2] the extensions
> using `$py setup.py build_ext --inplace` but it didn't work out. Can anyone guide on how to move forward?

Usually you would want to run the autopkgtests in a tempdir rather than inplace, since you want to
check whether the "installed" package works or not, and not the source tree.
Simple solution is to copy the tests dir to a tempdir and run the tests there.
I did not do that for your previous package because the test structure was messy and
was failing on copying the test dirs.

But even after doing so tests were failing since the package did not build the extensions for
all supported py versions, it rather built only the default one (_align.cpython-39-x86_64-linux-gnu.so)
so we needed to change the B-D from python3-dev to python3-all-dev, after which the package got green on
autopkgtests.

Please take a look at my commits.

Best,
Nilesh