Re: [RFS] and peer review: mosdepth

Hi

On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 at 03:30, Steffen Möller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> wrote:
Hello,

Exciting times, nim-docopt and nim-hts made it through new within the
same day, so we now have some first important fruit from these nim
dependencies: mosdepth!

https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/mosdepth

I again took the liberty to review.

* Build deps should have a -dev, added that
* Did the same nim-hts trick of repacking and re-generating binaries during testing - and fortunately everything was reproducible.
* Fixed the help2man command which exited with a non-zero status exiting the build
* Added autopkgtest
* Several minor fixes and enhancements.

However I'm left with a lintian warning: "W: mosdepth-dbgsym: debug-file-with-no-debug-symbols usr/lib/debug/.build-id/6c/91a5d8f1552a5a5cbc42195f291bc410f30d19.debug"
which I'm not sure about. For native packages simply appending -g flag with gcc would fix it but I'm not sure of a way to propagate this flag with nim.

This is a major show stopper on the way to get bcbio complete. There are
some more nim modules missing for the hts-nim-tools that are also a dep
of bcbio - but .. .we are getting closer. Much closer :)

yay! :)

Kind regards
Nilesh