Re: [MoM] packaging emperor

Hi, Kerim and Andreas,

على الأربعاء 12 تشرين الأول 2016 ‫12:34، كتب Andreas Tille:
> Hi Kerim,
>
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 09:37:43PM +0300, Kerim Ölçer wrote:
>> Hi Afif
>
> I do not want to stop Afif but meanwhile I have some hints:
>
>> i chose emperor https://github.com/biocore/emperor/

Great!

>> where can i find example for python packaging
>
> I think there is quite some packaging stuff for emperor in Debian Med
> SVN[1].  I once converted several projects from SVN to Git since Canberk
> was not comfortable with SVN.  Since I was doing something on emperor
> in the past I'd volunteer to do this conversion if needed.  Just ask me
> to do so.

Thanks for pointing this out, Andreas. I went ahead and did this
conversion. Even if Kerim is comfortable with SVN, I am not so much. The
repository URL is now:

ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/emperor.git

> I admit I do not remember why I stoped with the packaging of emperor.
> It might be there were some compressed JavaScript files with no
> uncompressed source.  In any case it would be a quite interesting
> project.
>
>> what should i do now
>
> As I said add a row to the MoM Wiki page (and add Afif as mentor if he
> volunteers to do so).

I'm fine with this.

>  Than please follow the Debian Med policy document
> (linked from the MoM Wiki page) to get an account at alioth.debian.org
> to get commit permissions to Git (or SVN).

This looks done.

Kerim, I would suggest now that you file an intent to package emperor.
See <http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#itp>. Andreas
likes to do this after packaging is completed, but I think it helps to
have it early in order to log progress of the packaging, even if it does
not get completed anytime soon.

Once that is up, I can look for old discussion threads regarding
Andreas' previous packaging effort and post them to the log for reference.

regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي