Re: Upload GNU Health 2.0 to experimental

Hi Emilian,

sorry for the long delay to look into this.

On Thu, Aug 01, 2013 at 10:10:33PM +0200, Emilien Klein wrote:

> I've updated our GNU Health svn repo to the latest upstream 2.0 version.
> Could one of you review the changes and upload to experimental?

The package builds fine and I could upload to experimental.  However, when
trying to install it I get

   /usr/share/dbconfig-common/scripts/gnuhealth-server/install/pgsql exited with non-zero status

after having answered the question for the password twice.  While I
think this is OK for experimental we somehow need to make this more
robust (which is tricky, thought).

> I have tested the upgrade script by running them manually in a VM where I
> have Tryton 1.6 and GNU Health 1.8.1 installed (thanks to snapshots.d.o).

Well, that seems to be the only way to install 1.8.1 because the current
version of gnuhealth requires a non-existing trython version.  If you
tested the upgrade I'm fine with it.

> The upgrade script runs successfully, but I couldn't yet validate that it's
> run properly when installing the .deb:
>
> It's a 2-step process:
> - I first install the new .deb (using `dpkg -i`). The configuration is not
> run/fails, since Tryton is not yet updated to 1.8
> - then update the system (using `aptitutde full-upgrade`) which updates
> Tryton to 1.8. At that moment, GNU Health is configured, but the upgrade
> script (managed by dbconfig-common) is not called.

I think I should upload anyway and we could check the upgrade to the
next package version.  Finally its experimental and users should expect
trouble.

> Once the package is uploaded to experimental, we'll be able to test a
> "real" upgrade scenario, where all is managed by apt-get/aptitude. (I could
> also set up a local debian repository, but can't find the time just right
> now)

I hope the upload helps for the moment.

Thanks for your preparation