Re: best policies for third party Debian packaging and get-orig-source target

Le Thu, Aug 01, 2013 at 12:23:58PM +0530, Faheem Mitha a écrit :
> On Thu, 1 Aug 2013, Charles Plessy wrote:
>
> >I received multiple enquiries about ggplot2, and I am very sorry
> >that I got confused and forgot to answer to yours.
>
> >I am also very sorry for the state of this package.  When
> >preparing the update, I overlooked some of the new pakcages that
> >need to be introduced, which added a long waiting period to the
> >process.  When they will be accepted in Debian, ggplot2 will be
> >updated a soon as possile.
>
> Thank you for your message. If you need assistance wtih ggplot2 I
> can help. I use ggplot2, though not R itself very much.

Hi Faheem,

for anything that is straightforward, do not hesitate to just do and commit.
It is easy to revert.  Also, when we are far from the Freeze, I would also
recommend to upload without asking, especially when the package is small and
frequently updated upstream.  Of course, whenever you have doubts, it is very
welcome to ask first.

Altogether, if you happen to be the first to have free time to update
r-cran-ggplot2 when it becomes buildable, just go for it, it will be much
appreciated.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy