Re: Cufflinks package fails to build on Launchpad PPA

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
> Le Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 03:22:05PM -0500, Carlos Borroto a écrit :
>>
>> https://launchpadlibrarian.net/88726220/buildlog_ubuntu-oneiric-amd64.cufflinks_1.2.1-1~oneiric1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz
>>
>> I think I can see the problem, on that log I see the package is been
>> build without the patches, so the BAM header files aren't been found:
>
> Dear Carlos,
>
> when I uploaded cufflinks, I did not realise that keeping the patches applied
> was only a side effect of building the source package, which is not done on
> Launchpad (and probably not on Debian's buildds, but cufflinks is not
> auto-built).

Hi Charles,

Thanks for looking into this issue and resolving it!. I don't think I
quite understand what is going on, I'll try to read a little more
about quilt and patch management.

The same thing is happening with the Tophat package Alex just uploaded:
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/88998061/buildlog_ubuntu-oneiric-i386.tophat_1.3.3-1~oneiric1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz

Can you look into it? Should I just change "debian/rules" to match
what you did for cufflinks?

Thanks again and Happy New Year!
Carlos