Re: FreeDiams 0.6.0 - ICD-10

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:12:54AM +0100, Eric MAEKER wrote:

> Le 17 nov. 2011 à 10:41, Andreas Tille a écrit :
>
> > On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 11:27:13PM +0100, Eric MAEKER wrote:
> >> Can we consider to create a second package called
> >>
> >> 	freemedforms-icd10
> >
> > Uhmm, this is definitely non-free.
>
> Sh****t you're right. I didn't read the license terms before now ;)
> What I suggest is to simply remove the icd db from the upstream and add some code for the user to download (from the application) a private package from my server (if the database is missing).

Well, we could try to create an installer package as it is done for
other non-free stuff.  What we also can do is (probably, I did not read
the license really carefully) to ship the package under Debian non-free.
The problem with FreeDiams was just that this non-free part is viral to
the rest as well and would have moved everything to non-free what we
should avoid in any case.

> Actually FreeDiams does not make usage of this database. I can re-up the source without it.

This would be a precondition to upload freediams 0.6.2 to Debian (if I
should not tweak the original tarball).