Re: RFS: Sitplus -- Free software framework for ludic-therapeutic activities

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 02:53:37PM +0200, Luis Rivas wrote:
> > 1. At first I would recommend to reflect group maintenance via
>
> Done!

Fine.

> I've uploaded my code to git.debian.org/git/debian-med/sitplus.git and
> updated the Vcs field as you told me. I've followed [2], I hope I
> didn't made any mistake. I've set commit notifications to
> debian-med-commit@lists.alioth.debian.org, is that right?

That's perfect and I have just noticed your commits on the mailing list.
(I also noted that you just fixed .git/descriptiondescription to be a
bit more verbose. :-))

Now comes my git-Beginner status where I need help myself:

$ git-buildpackage
dh clean
   dh_testdir
   dh_auto_clean
   dh_clean
gbp:error: You have uncommitted changes in your source tree:
gbp:error: # On branch debian
# Changes not staged for commit:
#   (use "git add/rm <file>..." to update what will be committed)
#   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
#
#       deleted:    src/mod_camera/a la espera/mod_camera.pjd.bak
#
no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")

gbp:error: Use --git-ignore-new to ignore.

Do the git-buildpackage users have any idea what to do?

> Upstream has just released a new version that fixes this issue with
> graphics/pictures license. Now it is CC-BY-SA. I've uploaded this new
> version, 1.0.1.

Cool.

> > 4. Please explain debian/sitplus.dirs: etc/ld.so.conf.d
> >   I do not see any reason for creating this directory which remains
> >   empty in the final package and twiddling around with ls.so is at
> >   best hackish and should not be done if not needed.
>
> I've tried several approach for having a private lib directory
> (/usr/lib/sitplus).

This sounds like the proper way to go.

> One of them was adding a new directory to ld path.

There should be no need to use ld path!

> I've included a very basic manpage, I hope that is enough.

Yes, it is.  May be you foreward it upstream.

> I've added descriptions to the patches, and I've added a new patch to
> fix the spelling error for the moment. I still have to notify
> upstream.

Fine.  I admit I would probably be too lazy to fix spelling errors in
patches because if upstream might not incorporate it soonish you
frequently will end up with adjusting patches to new upstream versions.
But it's quite fine if you are doing so

> Again, thanks for reviewing my package. Best regards!

I'll keep you informed once I sourted out how to use git-buildpackage
properly.