Re: Blog about Debian Med BOF

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 01:49:36PM +0100, Tony Travis wrote:

> I learned a lot at the sprint, and I now realise that there is a lot
> of interest in creating bioinformatics packages for Debian Med.
> However, my point remains that it isn't obvious to people who don't
> already know that Debian Med is not just about the 'Medical' use of
> Debian...

Well, that may or may not be a misguided direction Debian
Med took in its early days when growth was slow.

Even now, most if not all packages are prepared by
scientists rather than practitioners. We are glad they do
it (I sometimes offer pizza and beer to boost morale :-)

Nonetheless, Debian Med is (should !) be about *Medicine*
(it doesn't hurt to also offer benefits to parts of the
world of science that overlap with Medicine).

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346