Re: Maq replaced by Bwa?

Le Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:56:45PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> So would it be possible / make sense to provide a wrapper /usr/bin/maq
> around bwa and drop the maq package at all to make users aware of this a
> bit more prominently?

Hi Andreas,

bwa does not provide the same interface as bwa. I think that all the
bioinformaticians know that maq is deprecated. I think that it is good to
distribute it as long as it builds, to help reproduce past results, and because
some projects may have started before maq was abandonned, and may stick to it
for consistency.

This said, perhaps we can upload the package with the updated description, to
make it clear that maq is not so important in case it suddenly needs some QA
that our team can not do in time.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy