Re: seq-gen needs review and a sponsor

On 03/09/2011 08:36 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 10:40:39AM +0100, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
seq-gen seems to be ready , but I have some doubts about the copyright file
and correct license name ( GPL2 GPL3 , non gpl at all :) )
Definitely non-GPL.  Just have a look into

     /usr/share/common-licenses/BSD

:-)

I'd also recommend

Files: debian/*
Copyright: 2011 Alex Mestiashvili<alex@biotec.tu-dresden.de>
License: like seq-gen itself

This has the advantage of not replicating any license text or even
running into trouble with conflicting licenses.

Could you please have a look on it .
I had a look and would like to suggest only one change:  In general I'm
a fan of modularized packaging and separating the docs into a separate
package.  However, in this specific case the doc is that small (regarding
file size) that it does not really make sense.  Please merge it back
into the main package.  You also might consider providing a doc-base file
(see several examples in our SVN).

Kind regards and thanks for your work on this package

      Andreas.

Done ,

Lintian is clear ,

Best regards ,