Re: Packaging r-bioc-simpleaffy

Hi Tony,

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:26:57PM +0000, Tony Travis wrote:
>> Does it make sense to recalculate a Bioconductor deb repository over
>> and over instead of just mirroring the result of one single cran2deb
>> run which would be (re)done in a reasonable frequence?
>
> That's not really what I had in mind - I was thinking more about the
> detailed instructions for installing "cran2deb" that Charles mentioned.
> It seemed like something that would be more suitable to encapsulate in a
> deb package, rather than in a READ_ME for manual installation.

Ahh OK.  I agree it often makes sense to have code packaged also for a
local installation.  If it is in this sense I agree.

Thanks for the clarification

      Andreas.

PS: Also thanks for your Debian criticism which seems valid modulo the
    outdated version you experienced.  I hope that Squeeze might have
    given a different experience regarding Java support - later more
    about this.