Re: All free packages of CRAN an BioConductor built for Debian and Ubuntu

On 02/17/2011 04:38 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 01:06:08PM +0100, Steffen Möller wrote:
>>
>> The repositories of CRAN and BioConcuctor are at
>>    Debian: http://master.dermacloud.uni-luebeck.de/cran2deb/rep/
>>    Ubuntu: http://bioinformatics.rri.sari.ac.uk/cran2deb/rep/
>
> Congratulations!
>
> Besides the availability in this repository:  Is there any sense in moving
> some key packages inside official Debian?

One is tempted to think so for some BioConductor packages for instance. But I
would be sufficiently busy for now to work with the automated variant.

> Moreover we should probably generate reflect the BioConductor packages
> in our bio task to some extend.  These packages should at least be
> installable if you include the URL above in your sources.list via the
> suggests of a metapackage.

I was thinking about a bioconductor source package that comes with some binaries
that depend on various related subgroups of the archive. Those packages could
add the URL to /etc/apt/sources.d, learn the gpg key of the archive and then
run apt-get update ... would be a bit strange, no?

> Kind regards and thanks for your effort
Thank you for your support, let's learn if there are problems of any sort

best,

Steffen