Re: [s.d.hippisley-cox@clinrisk.co.uk: Re: Release tarball of qrisk?]

Hi Stephen (and Karsten),

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 01:38:10PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Hello Stephen,
>
> now, this is the best possible answer !  :-)

IN fact I like it as well. ;-)

> I am forwarding this to the Debian Med mailing list which is
> the Debian-side contact for packaging QRisk et al.
>
> Regarding qfracture/dscore/statin/intervention - just give
> us a headsup when tarballs are available. All of them are of
> utmost interest to GNUmed.

... and thus for Debian Med for sure.

> BTW, what does the Q stand for ?
>
> Is there, perhaps, any documentation on the command line
> options to be had ?
>
> @debian-med: since each of these tools is so "small" it
> might make sense to combine them into a package
> "uk_q-clinical_risk_tools" or some such.

Considering the pure size I agree that they might perfectly be included
into one package.  However, from a maintenance point of view it is a bit
clumsy to collect several upstream tarballs into one Debian package.
Assume upstream releases these different tools at different times with
different version numbers.  Besides the fact that we get in trouble
which version number to choose our tools to scan upstream website for
new versions will fail.  So if upstream (Stephen, clinrisk.co.uk)
decides to release each tool in a different tarball we will simply
follow this decision.

Stephe, we are keen on any news from your site.  If you will release
somehow soonish chances are good to become included into the next
official Debian release.

Kind regards and thanks for providing interesting tools for medicine as
Free Software

       Andreas.