Re: QRISK2

On Sat, 2010-05-22 at 22:53 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 12:28:29AM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > the below is a medical risk calculator that would be of
> > great use to doctors out there.

It seems to be the cardiac ischaemia event calculator which will be
preferred in primary care in the NHS in the UK or at least England.
FOr our population it is claimed to be more accurate than one based on
Framingham figures which has been in use for a while.

> > > http://svn.clinrisk.co.uk/opensource/qrisk2/
>
> Is there also some kind of release tarball?  I downloaded this dir using
> wget and tried `make executables` which builds some command line
> executables which are probably calles by a CGI script (considering the
> fact that the web site http://qrisk.org/ has a web interface.

I typed

  svn  http://svn.clinrisk.co.uk/opensource/qrisk2/

at a command prompt, moved into the directory which resulted, made the
executables as above and then ran one.

> Moreover the URL http://www.clinrisk.co.uk/ seems to feature a
> downloadable Windows executable but no source nor license.

Give it time.

> Did you run a native GUI or did you found a CGI script?

Command line.

It might be shelled from a Windows client running a terminal instance to
a back end written in MUMPS, or from a Windows executable working back
to an xBase and MS Access set of databases in most existing use.