Re: [odin-devel] [LONG] Broken (lib)vista copyright

Dear Gert,

thanks very much for your e-mail. I have downloeaded
your vistaio-1.2.6.tar. It looks like it is really quite
different from my version.
I think that your suggestion is very good:
we will re-name our vista-library to 'lipsia_io',
and so there will be no conflict.
We have also checked the file names, and there seem
to be no problems, because your file names are different
from ours.

Best wishes
Gaby

Gert Wollny wrote:
> I guess in the end we will go with the vista-gabi, but for all my
> changes to the code to be available in one package I've uploaded a new
> package of vistaio that should work properly on unix-alikes. It is still
> based on the autotools.
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mia/vistaio-1.2.6.tar.gz
>
> About a new name, if lipsia goes free software, and it is the package
> which really relies on the library, I guess something like lipsia-io or
> lipsia-data would be fine.
>
> BTW: lipsia.sourceforge.net is still free, it would probably a good
> place to go public.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gert

PD Dr. Gabriele Lohmann
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences
Stephanstr. 1a, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Phone: +49-341-35521738, Fax: +49-341-35521740
Email: lohmann@cbs.mpg.de