Re: libjpeg62-dev, libtiff4-dev, libfreetype6-dev, libxext-dev

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 01:39:24PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> Ok I understood the issue. By default CMake is doing a "transitive
> linking". So when linking to vtkIO (which depends on libjpeg.so and
> libtiff.so) then any project linking to vtkIO *must* link to
> libjpeg.so (the symlink). I guess I am the first project doing that ?

No, not at all.  This is pretty standard.

> The proper solution would be to patch the VTK package to expose a
> different interface where transitive linking does not happen:

> http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=3490

The bug report refers to two libraries being defined in the same CMake
project.  In your case, gdcm is defined in one project while vtk is
defined in another.  It's not clear to me that this is the same
issue.

-Steve