Re: program for molecular biology: plasmid/vector map drawing

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, Charles Plessy wrote:

you will build will be able to pick the one it needs. I also recommend
to have a look at the conventions (policy) for python packages in
Debian:

http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPython

Well, in this case you don't need to wory about all this Python policy
stuff.  Just make it depend from Python.  The policy is basically for
providing Python modules other packages might depend from.  This is not
the case for plasmidomics - it's just a simple Python script that goes
to /usr/bin.  For a first start I would add a License file and a proper
versioning scheme in a directory layout like

    plamidonics-<version>/plasmid
                         /Copyright

would be the first reasonable step to a Debian package (and a comfort
for other users as well).