Re: Exonerate+

Guy, Andreas,

I pimped your diff. Novelties are:
* debian/rules cleans what make distclean left over
  which is particularly helpful when not running from the orig.tar.gz
* cleaning config.sub and config.guess with clean, copying new one over
right before start of configure,
  which makes the diff much nicer, too.
* providing manpages for fasta* which are all symbolic links to icpress.1
* doing -O3 rather than -O2 - which makes hell of a difference for some
applications (http://wiki.debian.net/?Boinc). This is a bit off standard
for Debian, though exonerate might well need it. It has not finished its
compilation on my machine yet, which is quite impressive.
* Removed most of debian/*.ex, debian/watch got an entry that I would
like you to verify URLwise.
* A RFP (request for packaging) went out, the changelog closes this.
* A README.Debian was written, that suggest to make extra packages for
iPCRess and C4 at some stage. Please change those lines to your liking.
* Lintian free, except for a problem with NEWS which is empty
    moeller@latitude:~/src/exonerate/exonerate-1.0.0$ lintian
../exonerate_1.0.0-1_i386.deb
    W: exonerate: zero-byte-file-in-doc-directory
usr/share/doc/exonerate/NEWS.gz

Some questions/comments:

* The link on your exonerate home page ~guy/exonerate/ to the Wiki page
of it seems to have problems and searching for it in EnsEMBL does not
work because exonerate's heavy involvement into everything
* It would be nice to have an overview of exonerate's production
applications within EnsEMBL, EnsEMBL compara and elsewhere.
* Wasn't exonerate part of Ewan's Wise tools at some stage? And what
happened to that? Is C4 now more en vogue than dynamite or do I get too
much confused now?

Thank you very much for supporting Debian so nicely.

Many greetings also to the others of the EnsEMBL team

Steffen