Quick status message before the weekend

Hi,

just a short notice:

    The new official web pages are now available online under

        http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/

    They are available in English and German.

I have some further meta packages on my local hard disk (see wnpp package
for my ITPs) some further hints to projects which has to be included and
I have to prepare a report for the "Brave GNU World" columne of Linux
Magazin and a talk for the LinuxTag in Magdeburg (Germany).

Regarding to the preparation for the "Brave GNU World" columne I would
like some input from other Debian-Med readers regarding to the attached
questions.  This would safe some time and perhaps give some additional
ideas.

More in the next week.

Have a nice weekend

            Andreas.

Brave GNU World standard questions:
-----------------------------------

INTRODUCTION:

 These are the standard questions for the Brave GNU World column that
 can be found online at http://brave-gnu-world.org.

 It has become customary to fill out these questions and mail them
 back to <column@gnu.org> in order to give me a good
 feeling/impression about a project. This also applies to
 non-technical projects, btw.

 Please feel free to be as verbose as you want as more information
 will allow me to gain a more complete picture which I can then use to
 write a more complete feature.

QUESTIONS:

 * What is it?

 * Who would use it?

 * Why would they use it instead of similar projects?

 * (Programming) language used in this project?

 * Special features/strengths?

 * Special problems?

 * Who is working on it?

 * History of the project?

 * Plans for the close and distant future?

 * Do you need help? If so: of what kind?

 * Interesting/fun stories that might juice up the story?

 * Website/FTP addresses?

 * License?!

 * Standard documents to read in this context?

 * Anything you would like to see mentioned?

 * Answer to a question I forgot?

NOTE:

 Everything you want me to read should be sent to me by
 mail because very often I will take my mail with me and
 read it where I don't have access to the net.