Re: isc-dhcp-server in squeeze-lst broken after update

Hi Ben,

On  Mo 18 Jan 2016 12:47:51 CET, Ben Hutchings wrote:

environment that makes the difference.  Presumably your environment
doesn't define CFLAGS as an environment variable already, but sbuild
does.

DANG! I have found the source of the issue...

From dpkg-buildpackage's man page in jessie:

"""
Between dpkg 1.14.17 and 1.16.1, dpkg-buildpackage exported compiler flags (CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, FFLAGS, CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS) with values as
"""

And then dpkg -l dpkg-dev in my squeeze-lts chroot:

"""
(squeeze-lts-amd64-sbuild)mike@minobo:/$ dpkg -l dpkg-dev
||/ Name                Version             Description
+++-===================-===================-======================================================
ii  dpkg-dev            1.16.1.2~bpo60+1+nm Debian package development tools
"""

Gosh!!! That is embarrassing. Sorry for the noise concerning this issue!!! No idea when that version of dpkg-dev sneaked in.

The only other package that comes from squeeze-backports in my build env is "eatmydata" (which hasn't been available in squeeze). The dpkg-dev must have been installed when installing eatmydata from squeeze-backports.

[...]
I will upload +squeeze10 with attached .debdiff later today.

Any feedback on the provided .debdiff is welcome.

I will rebuild my chroots, test removing again the CFLAGS export in debian/rules and test the resulting packages once more.

/me sighs and deeply apologizes,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM