Re: Issue installing Debian Live on hardware that supports many other distros

Hello Lucas,

On 13/08/2022 16:27, Lucas Krupinski wrote:
*STEPS TO REPRODUCE:*

1) Burn ISO live image to USB
2) Start Dell laptop off of USB
3) Launch the Calamares installer and run it to completion.
4) Remove USB
5) Reboot.

You will be at a blank screen, no OS is found.

Do not test this in a virtual environment, the installer works fine there last I checked.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Since you have the hardware available that shows the bug (and I don't), could you also try the following:
* Burn ISO live image to USB
* Start Dell laptop off of USB
* Report back: In the boot menu, do you see 'BIOS mode' or 'UEFI installer menu' * Run the installer from the boot menu, instead of starting Calamares from the live environment
* Remove USB
* Reboot
* Report back: Do you have the same issue or is it different?

Thanks in advance,
Roland Clobus