RE: live-boot todo for wheezy
> -----Original Message-----
> From: intrigeri [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:58 PM
> To: Ian Geiser
> Cc: email@example.com
> Subject: Re: live-boot todo for wheezy
> Ian Geiser wrote (15 Jun 2012 01:59:40 GMT) :
> > I am probably late to the party on this one, but we use snapshots for
> > a mode that the customer can configure the live session and then
> > "lock" it in. Is that something we can do with custom mounts?
> Custom mounts have a read-only mode.
Can I do the following workflow:
1) Boot up in no persistence mode.
2) Take snapshot of current running system.
3) Reboot the system with the snapshot in read only mode, and make changes only in the tmpfs overlay.
4) Make further modifications and take a snapshot of these changes.
5) Reboot the system with the aggregate of the prior two snapshots in an overlay and make chances only in the tmpfs overlay.
Does that make sense?