troubles with kernel 3.0-rc6: + panic mount unionfs-fuse on /root/ failed with option -o cow ...

Hello,

Because the standard wheezy kernel 2.6.39-2 doesn't support some xen options (like xen-pciback.hide) I have tried to use kernel 3.0-rc6 on the live image instead.

The iso live image was created (on wheezy/current lb3) however there is an error (s. below) during the boot and I am getting the BusyBox prompt. I have tested with "union=aufs" and "union=unionfs-fuse" boot options on the kernel boot line and have included the unionfs-fuse package on the live image.

Live iso images with kernel 2.6.39-2 boot correctly (union=aufs) and work as expected.

I have tested it on HP DL385g7 server and ThinkPad T60p notebook (same error).

# ---
live-boot will now start a shell. The error message was:

mount unionfs-fuse on /root/ failed with option -o cow -o noinitgroups -o fault_permissions \ -o allow_other -o use_info -o suid /cow/=RW://filesystem.squashfs/=RO

BusyBox v1.18.4 (Debian 1:1.18.4-2) built-in shell (ash)
# ---

With debug option activated (boot line) there is such line in the live-boot.log (in BusyBox):
# ---
+ panic mount unionfs-fuse on /root/ failed with option -o cow -o noinitgroups -o fault_permissions -o allow_other -o use_info -o suid /cow/=RW://filesystem.squashfs/=RO
# ---

Thank you in advance for any hints where to look or how to debug.

Regards, Mark

--
ms@it-infrastrukturen.org