Re: Why are the Squeeze images so much larger?

On 02/10/2011 11:59 AM, Joey Hess wrote:
> It does. Install from CD #1 w/o configuring a network, and that's
> essentially what you get. The only Key packages in gnome-desktop are
> gnome-core, gdm3, xorg, xserver-xorg-video-all, xserver-xorg-input-all,
> desktop-base, menu, and iceweasel.

Ah. I had forgotten that aspect of tasksel, that it only needs key
packages and is flexible about the rest. So, is there some easily
scriptable way to say "install this task, but only consider the packages
that would go on CD #1" without actually having CD #1 handy?

Ben