Re: Patches to correct live-sn

On Wednesday 06 May 2009, 04:36:53, Richard Nelson wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am attaching patches for what I believe is a working live-sn setup.
> I looked through all the options provided and removed many since a
> working live-sn is essential and one good working way is better than
> many that do not function or seem to be subsets of the essential need.
> I believe with /etc/live-snapshot.list you tune in for what you want
> like /home.

Fixing by removing some features you do not use?

Would you please like to split the patch in two?

1. Fix the bug.

2. Removes features you do not like.

The patch #1 will be merged sooner than #2 I think.

I know that often less is better, but this removes also things which are meant
as helpers to create other ways to use persistence and stackable fs.

Ok "live-snapshot" is more than just a snapshot helper, maybe it need a name
split or something, but just removing useful features does not seems viable
for me.

> I have tested all the remaining persistent partitions types of
> live-sn, live-rw, and home-rw and all worked ok on my development
> machine.

Thanks for the quality work you did, but would you like to repost just the
patch "fix the problem I found" only? Then we could open a discussion if live-
snapshot other feature could be placed on another script/binary.

--
ESC:wq

believed to be clean.