Re: uname

Tom Deblauwe wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> if I want to use another version for my
> live-system, the result of the command "uname -r" in the chroot gives me
> the host kernel version, and the compile fails. Is there a solution for
> this?

fix whatever you are compiling to not rely on uname -r, but use KVERS or
similar (which can be set by the user).

it would be handy to know what you're exactely compiling, that way we
could tell you if you're doing it wrong or the software is doing it wrong.

ultima ratio would be to temporary divert uname as long as the hook is
running, and have faked one that reports whatever the software is expecting.

Regards,
Daniel