running livecd from a hd without installing it

     I searched for some info about using grub as the liveCD boot-loader and heard it's not so efficient in some systems. The point is that dyne:bolic also uses isolinux, so I thought it should work with debian too. I read the boot messages from dyne and found out that it seeks for a .kmods file in the hard drive after mounting it (the kmods in dyne stores it's kernel modules. The kernel it self goes into a file with .krn extension). The user is then asked if the system should use the existent "dock" or keep booting from the liveCD. Something similar happens with the .nst file (where the "nested" user files and settings are stored). The system asks if it should activate it or not. I'm not trying here to compare features or something, I just want to point out some good things from this other distro that turn a liveCD into a much more powerful system to be used as a portable workstation. So, any more ideas?

          Thanks,

              Ricardo

--
249 Spiele f?r nur 1 Preis. Die GMX Spieleflatrate schon ab 9,90 Euro.
Neu: Asterix bei den Olympischen Spielen: http://flat.games.gmx.de