Some ideas about Debian Live ...

Alle 22:30, sabato 22 aprile 2006, Llu?s Gras ha scritto:

> Excuse my poor english ...

No problem at all, mine is really bad too :-)

> I've been working, last two years on Debian Live based distro, called
> Xarnoppix.

?

Debian Live have 2 months... maybe you intend a "ive debian system" :-9

> It works with the addition of "live" mode under initramfs-tools, i think
> it's better than Casper, ... a la KISS.

I looked at it, interesting but casper is more complex. This could be a good
deal anyway, do you have sources for this initramfs-tools hook? A debian
package would also be appreciated.

> Uses standard debian kernel with squashfs 3.0, latest unionfs snapshoots
> and allows multiple persistent changes booting from usb stick.

Daniel rewrote slightly the squashfs and unionfs package to allow out of tree
building for standard linux-image debs. I hope maintainers could let those
two packages enters sid soon.

> Take a look at ftp://ftp.serni.net/initrd.img

Took, interesting work, would you like to join us more?

--
ESC:wq